Americans for the Arts‘ mission is “to serve, advance, and lead the network of organizations and individuals who cultivate, promote, sustain, and support the arts in America.” One of their most important endeavors, in fact, is to promote the arts in schools. Research has proven just how effective an arts education can be. Young people who participate in the arts are:
- 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
- 3 times more likely to be elected to class office within their schools
- 4 times more likely to participate in a math and science fair
- 3 times more likely to win an award for school attendance
- 4 times more likely to win an award for writing an essay or poem
- 4 times more likely to perform community service
My team and I created print ads targeted at encouraging parents to get their kids involved. Our “Arts. Ask For More.” campaign has been hugely successful, garnering millions of dollars in donated media and having been featured in publications such as the New York Times. It also garnered advertising gold, among other awards.